Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRemoving (greatly lowering) the chances for dagger specs to avoid bashes via concelaed.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22787
22787, Removing (greatly lowering) the chances for dagger specs to avoid bashes via concelaed.
Posted by Shapa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Perhaps i don't understand how exactly dagger specs avoid almost all bashes, but we all know it's true.

Perhaps it was nice ability for dagger specs when they sucked. But right now i vote for removing (greatly lowering) the chances for dagger specs to avoid bashes via concelaed.

Yes, i find it fair to bash dagger specs so they have to prep for it to use their maladactions. Afterall it's not too hard to change your size for next battle and many classes have to do it, why shouldn't dagger specs?

Discuss.
22795, My suggestion is to reduce dodge while being bashed dow...
Posted by aspi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're on the ground and out of balance to dodge well.
22789, It... really doesn't do that much. Honest. (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
22790, I always just thought it had a chance to fire on an already missed bash. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
22793, Look at the order in logs sometime, the concealed comes first.
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To be fair, it doesn't negate the theory that it fires on a missed bash but it's more likely they are independent of one another, or even more likely that the concealed causes a missed bash.
22791, How about?
Posted by Kadsuane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Changing parry to account for weapon size and weight. The "realism" changes to dodge heavily favored high dex races. It would also add depth into the melee weapon selection and reduce the one trick pony effect in game. Well thats my opinion anyway.

Parv
22794, GET HEAVY WEAPONS. HIT NO MATTER WHAT WEAPONTYPE. NT
22796, I thought that had already been done
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But even if it hasn't, one problem is, the less a dagger spec parries, the more they dodge, and hence the more concealed fires.

22792, My recent personal experience vs. Twist says differently.
Even if it was just edges, it was still obscene.
22829, I would say I was 2/40 in bashes with a fire giant axe spec vs Kostyan -nt-
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
22830, I just made that up, but I don't think I ever landed more than one bash in a row let's say -nt-
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
22788, Does concealed even really do that? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr