Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDouble XP idea.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22611
22611, Double XP idea.
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Admittedly, I get the kernel of this idea from Wow.

They have, mostly evident in outland, "world pvp" things going on, in which one side gets a benefit.

I keep seeing "double xp weekend" and "questy weekend" mentioned as mutually exclusive. I also see alot of imms saying questy weekend is too long a time period.

What about having a questy weekend...with "double xp 4 hours" as a reward for the winning side?

The big bad evils win the questies first? Good mobs give double xp for a few hours.

The Forties and floofies win the questies first? Evil mobs give double xp for a few hours.

or heck, have the double xp last an hour, with a global echo that lets the other side know what went on....giving the other side a chance to quest to stop the double xp early.

just an idea.
22613, I say bleh
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think that regulating ranking times like that is a hindrance to RP. Sure, you could have double xp or increased xp for killing target mobs as part of that quest, but not as quest reward afterwards. If it's a quest that's about killing certain mobs, making killing those mobs attractive xp-wise is a good idea.