Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSoapbox
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=22236&mesg_id=22279
22279, Soapbox
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Part of the fun for some people (perhaps not you) is the
>exploration of it and the trying new things. Part of the fun
>for an imm putting new stuff in is seeing someone go through
>it for the first time.

I've no problem with trying new things, I did stick it out for 40+ levels with only five-six skills didn't I? :) Knowing it wasn't "full" though would have changed my perception drastically I think - but some things I just think need adjusting as I wrote.

>We update the game all the time and often give things a fair
>amount of time and then we'll tweak them if they're too weak
>or too powerful. A lot of the time it'll take an imm actually
>playing a mortal to test something to see its power level
>because our testing abilities are only so good.

But a lot of these skills have been in the game for multiple years (6-7?) that people believe are underwhelming, right? I think the only paths that really got tweaked were traps getting effects and poisoners being limited with suggestion so people weren't stripping ST mobs of gear - changes that alleviated the situation but didn't fix the inherent problem. Thieves have to be one of the least effective hero classes...I know it's been mentioned and kicked around that they need another revamp (like Nep and Zulg have said of path changes) and maybe it will take Nep trying for a "deathful" binder to get this to happen.

Just seems pretty annoying that player feedback is so little in the equation for change - sometimes taking years before we can say "told you so". I can find posts multiple years ago of me saying how much trappers were horribly underpowered... I just figured I'd give some constructive feedback to speed the process this time around.