Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSo are you saying...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2077&mesg_id=2102
2102, So are you saying...
Posted by Gwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that for a new player, such as myself, who has never had any clue how to do any of the quests (except the academy one), it would be a total waste of my time to even try to do one and might even end up getting my character killed? What's the point in that? I was actually going to try to figure one of them out, but I don't know if I should even bother now.

If I'm reading these posts right, the quests are now designed to punish cheaters, instead of rewarding newer players who figure them out and solve them? In that case, why have them at all? But removing them or making them invite only is also very unfair to newer players. That isn't much of an incentive for new players to stay and enjoy CF. It just seems to me that quests SHOULD be designed to make the game fun, not to punish cheaters and discourage new players from even attempting to do them.

I understand that the Imms go to great lengths to write a quest, code it, and make it enjoyable for the playerbase. It DOES ruin it to have someone spread around a walkthrough. But you know what? I didn't even know there WAS a walkthrough, until I read this. I'll bet you big bucks there are lots of players who didn't know that and who wouldn't take advantage of it even if they could. So what's the big deal? Those who cheat miss out on the fun of figuring it out for themselves, which ultimately is the whole reason for playing in the first place. Nuking the quests because of those who cheat, doesn't really punish the cheaters at all, but it does help to ruin the game for the rest of us.

Smile - It can't hurt and might help. :)