Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThe changing of quests etc etc
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2077&mesg_id=2077
2077, The changing of quests etc etc
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok, I understand the reasons behind you guys changing some of the quests, or just nerfing them entirely. I'm all for making people figure things out for themselves IC. However, don't you think when you nerf a quest, you ought to remove all the stuff involving said quest?

We have all kinds of quests in CF. Some useful, others still just fun or RP related. Great. But when you nuke a quest, and don't remove all the stuff involved in the quest, we can have everything from a wasted hour or more of my time, up to and including death because a quest was removed and noone bothered to say anything. When the sa'angreals were removed a whole lot of people died, for doing something in a quest CORRECTLY. Doesn't that seem a bit ####ty to you?

I spent the better part of an hour the other night in the underdark, doing a quest to obtain a certain item. This was a quest I had done plenty of times before. Every step of the way I checked my progress and rechecked the items needed to be sure the things for the quest hadn't been changed, reread the little notes that are supposed to clue you in, and at the end I was left with a bunch of junk, a character another hour older and a bitter taste in my mouth, again for doing everything corectly.

If you guys are going to continue nuking quests, how about taking out all the stuff involved, so people will know not to bother wasting their time and effort? It just doesn't seem right that you do everything correctly in a quest, and get left with nothing to show for it but frustration.