Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subject15 second down time
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15782
15782, 15 second down time
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
so my internets really ####ty and i have to reconnect every so often but seriously, do we need the 15 second wait? im really pissed off right now because of that because i came back to

By what name do you wish to be mourned? Password:
Reconnecting.
Reconnecting within 15 seconds of losing link.
You will be able to move shortly.

<50hp 920m 461mv 3129tnl (80.69%) outdoor>
A gray spirit yells '*snip*! Now you die!'
A gray spirit's stab MASSACRES you!
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!
You feel some of your vitality drain out of you with this death.

...not a happy camper
15787, Uhh...I hate to break this to you...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But you didn't enter any commands in there. Even without the lag, you wouldn't have survived since you didn't even try to flee. I understand being pissed about game mechanics things causing your death, but at least make sure whatever you are complaining about is what actually got you killed.
15788, RE: Uhh...I hate to break this to you...
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
na im looking at it now that im actually awake but what happened was that my group mates attacked the thing while i was disconnected and i reconnected just in time for that final hit :/ either way i think its time to put the invoker to rest for a bit and try something else...made it to level 41 at least :P maybe ill pick it up again in a few weeks
15786, RE: 15 second down time
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The code can't tell the difference between an accidental disconnect and a deliberate one, and allowing brief disconnects of this sort without penalty creates a number of exploits. It won't be changing.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
15803, RE: 15 second down time
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And an example of an exploit, for people who are new, is people who used to enter like 20 trips and then start losing a fight would disconnect to clear their buffer. There shouldn't exist any incentive to use connect/disconnect to help you avoid dying, hence the lag.