Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: I'm honored.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=129&mesg_id=169
169, RE: I'm honored.
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>Jumping an unprepared invoker would be a subset of that, but it isn't the whole thing. Rolling the dice and hoping luck has provided you with an opportunity isn't a bad thing, but better is (so to speak) to use loaded dice. Create a situation in which that character has to be less than prepared, or be where you want, etc.

Gotta disagree with Cathoir on this whole invoker vs thief thing.
I diced quite a few invokers with Brigvir, catch them recalling, trip them down. Kill them on backstabs out of the blue when they're wandering around galadon thinking they're safe. Just gotta be willing to do what the other guy isn't.. (Corny but true- ie: eat a flag for the kill)

If you're there for a fight, and the invoker knows it.. yes it will become near impossible to finish the kill. But as a rager you have options, and as a non-rager you have even more options. Never fought any vokers with a non rager warrior, but it's not stretch of the imagination to figure out where the advantage is there.