Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWhere oh where has the art of pk gone?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=129&mesg_id=129
129, Where oh where has the art of pk gone?
Posted by Cathoir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've made some modest attempts at characters in just about everything, such asthe old unified fortress, warlocks since the change, scions, and entropy. I've found that the average players pk skills have gone down tremendously, especially at hero ranges. As usual, it is least pronounced in the "evil" cabal... but it's still a significant trend. Some examples... decked scion shifters giving the most terrible tactical advice i've ever heard, if they try directing combat at all. Warlock conjurers unable to master their extremely limited combat options (let's magic missle this invoker instead of dispel)... the list goes on. Oddly enough, these people can still be huge forces in the hero ranges. When I first heroed, I was getting smoked by just about everybody from groups like neosoft/smug to lone powerhouses like Nastavnic. Drop a hero range from today into the past, given class/cabal combinations of each players choice as well as equivalent knowledge of eq/prep locations and you're going to see a whole lot of corpses scattered around Thera. My question is, why exactly has this happened?