Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1159&mesg_id=1171
1171, RE: Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How do you consistently guage something as subjective as roleplay? I'm sure the playerbase would love it if Mr. Scaly every now and then picked one person from the Hero range as his... I don't know... "Most Amusing" or something and gave him a title as such, or a cookie. I wouldn't dare put that kind of burden on someone... unless he wanted to do it. *nudge Nepenthe* Or Yanoreth, or Valg, or some new unknown Imm, or a group or voting consensus among the Imms, or something like that where everyone has a chance. That would rock.

Hey!

I think my count for the week is 1 point of CON, a minor (but useful) quest skill, and a bunch of those random batches of XP that I like throwing around. It's not exactly my craziest reward-whore week ever (*), but I've mostly been adhered to the bug board and doing some miscellaneous bits of code. And cackling maniacally watching someone try to figure out a quest I handed out a little while ago.

Anyway, people know this, and (hopefully) are doing it already. I think the voting idea would add bureaucracy where it isn't needed. There's already a chain of command for rewards of various shapes and sizes, and the people who have the skills necessary to give them have the experience and judgement to propose them.

(*) Unlike Pyramid Scheme or Eight Billion Frickin Legacy Quests.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com