Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAssassins and Thiefs hide ability
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1137
1137, Assassins and Thiefs hide ability
Posted by ren141 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am sure I am going to get ripped for this, but wouldn't it make sense that assassins and thieves would not be able to hide when they are wearing glowing gear. It would seem that the light given off from their gear would make it hard to blend into the shadows and what not, just an idea.
1141, Yeah i know but
Posted by Xaannix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
a lot of the best armor and weapons in the game are glowing. There are some that used to glow/humm but were changed. I would think that if such a thing were to happen then some no glowing armor would need to be put in thats 'thief/assassin only.' Probably a lot more trouble than its worth.

Maybe it doesnt glow like a sun, maybe it barely glows. :P Assassins shouldnt be able to vanish when they are carrying a boat either eh? How you gonna carry a raft and vanish, or how do you hide with your canoe? You can always RP someone who doesnt wear any glowing armor. For a thief that might suck unless you have infravision.
1138, RE: Assassins and Thiefs hide ability
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We've talked about doing something along those lines in the past . . . I believe BoltThrower first proposed that back in '96. Ultimately, it's not something we were interested in pursuing then, and I'm still not interested in pursuing it now. Someday, maybe we'll be interested in making the assorted balance/infrastructure changes to make this feasible and not just a kick in the junk to thieves/assassins, but there are about a million things I'm interested in doing first.