Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI call BS on QHCF.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=67567&mesg_id=67575
67575, I call BS on QHCF.
Posted by Seriphax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Firstly, the casual newb will not likely discover QHCF for awhile. Secondly, even when they do find it how long before they get approval as a member? I recently came back to CF (I've always been a noob, never actually dedicated the time to get decent at the game, and only now am I actually starting to make progress in that direction) around or just over a month ago. Because I was introduced by a friend that was a vet, I already knew about QHCF, and applied for membership within the first couple days of coming back. After about two weeks I sent an email to Gabe asking about it, at Jhyrbian's suggestion. That was about three weeks ago maybe, and I've tried to re-apply in the last week. I still haven't been approved as a member, so implying that QHCF is a good way to notice and assist newbs is just plain wrong, at least in my experience.

Edit*- Despite not being able to communicate on QHCF I have picked up a few things just perusing the message boards. So it has helped to an extent, but I wanted to point out that your suggestion was anything but reliable. Or at the least, not worthy as an official solution.