Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectJust opinion...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62237&mesg_id=62689
62689, Just opinion...
Posted by RFP on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't play for 4 years, and now I'm back. I don't think for long - my wife and my son are coming back home in a few days, and I won't have much time to stick around anyways (yeah... after I left CF, I became a father) :)

So, I see everything with a "fresh eyes". I nocied that:

1. There are less edge points for role XP and imm XP. Cap is about for 3k XP, if I understand it right. It is actually good, because players like myself, who can't write English well, had a huge penalty against native speakers. So, it's fair!

2. I see that edge points for PK were removed. I've checked PBF's of random last 20-30 players and noticed that they had way less edges than similar players 4 years ago. It made me slightly sad, because I love edges and they were a good motivations for me to play (and to kill). I'm more PK than RP kind of player. Not because I don't like RP, but because I'll alway be in disadvantage due to my poor english; no RC wins/serious rewards for me ever. So, I could balance it via PK, but now I'll always be behind.

3. Now, probably players with explore scripts will have a good advantage against those who don't do it, and who relayed to PK.

4. Overall, I see that rewards both for roles/RP and PK were decreased, so it's a balanced change. Probably it's required to make players pick edges more carefully and only the most important. Maybe it's good, actually (not for me, though). But I never had enough of edges! :)

Lastly, I think edge points for PK shouldn't be removed totally, but revamped. With each kill it could be more and more difficult to gain them, like 5-25-50-100-200-300 etc. It would be just 6 edge points, not too much if you would compare it to other ways to earn edge points.