Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectGuess that goes to show I've played too long.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62237&mesg_id=62316
62316, Guess that goes to show I've played too long.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know there's a lot of things I *could* talk about good 'ole "back in my day", though I think that's the first one I honestly thought people just "knew" about.

One thing to keep in mind...this is very similar to when I've DJ'd. Absolutely everyone has their opinion on what I should be playing, and why I'm doing a horrible job, and while I try to accomodate requests, there's SO many that I'll play someone's request, and even they won't go out on the dance floor for their own song, while in the meantime, I've done the job for 10 years, and I have a pretty good grasp of what music *will* get people moving and dancing. It's not saying I can't pick the wrong song and blow it, but overall I tend to have a better grasp than my customers (as much as I do my best to make it work for everyone).

In some ways, it works similarly as an Immortal vs. mortal. Yes, we do take player feedback, but part of getting a shot at Heroimm is showing consistent good judgment w/ characters, and having to continue to show solid judgment as you remain an Immortal. That, and we're often aiming for what's best for the game and players as a whole, and it's the nature of the beast that it's the ones who're unhappy at something that will most likely respond, vs. those who are happy with a change.

As for your PK record, don't worry. One of these days I'll actually get another mortal rolled up and I'm sure you'll get to pad your record on me. Destuvius sure as hell likes to *mutter*