Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMy view and a few suggestions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=5028&mesg_id=5237
5237, My view and a few suggestions
Posted by jachyra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quick points:

Ranking:
--------
ranking is way boring.
ranking solo is unrewarding and more boring.

Skills:
-------
Skills perfection takes too long.
As a current warrior at almost level 30 I havent perfected my defences and only just perfected the weapon I specialize in. Ive solo ranked near half if not more titles. I only used practice weapons for the first 10 and Ive put in a good chunk of time practicing say 6 or 7 hrs. Granted this is a low int race but still.

Cabals:
-------
Unlike empowerment which Im more or less happy that it can take a while, getting into some cabals can be too time consuming. Take for example a wannabe rager, if you play the character everyday you tend to die a lot as you cant see invis and cant use preps. It can take weeks to get into the cabal and you can loose interest in the character and start playing others. The imperial induction scheme seems good.

Time:
-----
All points above make it too time consuming to play and a large chunk of that time being quite boring.

Suggestions:
-----------
Decrease the time required to build the char to have fun with.

Some quick examples:
make some skills practiceable to 100% good examples for this would be hide and sneak for assassins and theives. Allow warriors to practice weapons to 80 or 85%.
Make practice weapons work better (dont overdo it).

Make an effort to improve the induction process for some of the cabals. Ragers being a good example (dont make people put chars on hold for weeks waiting for the rites).

Give characters a higher movement point base - its frustraing as a new character to have to sleep for hours to get anywhere. Note sleeping to regain mv is boring.

Jachyra