Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: The differences between #20 and #1.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=5028&mesg_id=5058
5058, RE: The differences between #20 and #1.
Posted by Nhiala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First let me say: your attitude is a breath of fresh air. Now some thoughts.

> I think the biggest deterrant inherent in CF is the lack of
> newbie attention. Yes, there is a newbie channel. Yes, there
> is a newbie setting in character generation. Yes, there is a
> massive array of well written helpfiles. The problem? A lot of
> newbies don't know what questions to ask on the newbie
> channel, what helpfiles to read...

From my vantage point, this is a noted concern and is being looked at. Something may be forthcoming as soon as a certain someone gets his area finished, if not sooner.

>Bug Team:
>Code Team:

As far as I know these are generally the same small group of people, excluding a few folks that fix typo-ish bugs but don't touch code. The number of people with access to code will always be small, an since there's a fair amount of coding that needs to be done between bug fixes and stuff for new areas...they may always find the lion's share of their time spent there.

>Area Team:

This exists, though for the most part in an advisory role. I'm not sure what percentage of new areas are created by new heroimms, but I'm guessing its "high". So then, the Area Team is effectively those higher-ups involved in area approval + all the heroimms.

>* - I'm not saying dedicate busy imms to hand holding newbies.
>Find volunteers separate from the ImmStaff to do this specific
>task. In fact, I volunteer for it right now.

While I agree that there are plenty of vet mortals who could act in this capacity, nothing prevents them from doing so already. There is also a sizeable group of vets that I would definitely not want advising newbies.

If it's something you feel strongly about...imm. :)