Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectStricter self moderation I think is the point, or wish
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=46760&mesg_id=46971
46971, Stricter self moderation I think is the point, or wish
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Imms don't want to just be the forum police all the time I would think, they want these forums to be a place they can engage in just like the rest of us. It's not hard to take a step back and reread before hitting post. And if you read it and say, man I come off like an ass in this, probably deleting is the best thing to do.

If anytime anyone posts anything someone has to troll, or just be an ass, it sort of stifles the good constructive people from posting as was just noted above. I'm not saying on the battlefield or some such you have to always say great char, you are awesome. People should feel free to give honest feedback, but just do it in a way that is not coming off as being a ####. Then when you receive that type of criticism, it's easier to see it as just someone's thoughts on a character and something you can discuss or not.

As it is now most threads end up left with a lot of generally useless posts, or worse, ones attacking other posters for basically no point. Things don't always have to be how you see them, and one poster's view is not the only correct view but I'll be damned if the internet doesn't showcase some of the most intolerant people I've ever seen.

For example if Pro posts a question or thought, don't feel a need to criticize or make it personal just because he's Pro. If it's not anything you care about or know about, just don't post. And if he beats that dead horse, ignore him, instead of throwing in a negative post. He needs someone to respond to after all.

I actually think Zulgh is correct, the internet in general is not a good thing for the free flow of useful information and ideas via forums. Annonymity makes people say things I imagine no sane person ever would in person. That much vitriol and venom flowing around is just toxic to the environment. It's up the the posters and PB as a whole to decide if that's good or not to be a part of. I know I try my best to not be an ass, but I'm starting to just wonder why I bother posting at all. Much as I enjoy CF and talking about it on the forums, eventually you reach a point where there are better ways to relax and have some fun.