Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWe Appreciate Appreciation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4044&mesg_id=4050
4050, We Appreciate Appreciation
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know the imms don't often respond to appreciative comments, so I will do so now. We always appreciate positive feedback - that goes for everyone who has made such comments, as well as yourself.

We do know that appreciative players are out there, though. The fact that the MUD has consistently been so successful is a testament to the fact that we're doing something right. As you point out, there are countless crappy MUDs out there - designing a fun, immersive, and balanced game isn't as easy as some might think. It's just human nature to complain about what is wrong and say little about what is right.

Still, it's refreshing to hear a positive comment once in a while. The lack of response to such comments doesn't reflect our apathy about your appreciation so much as exhaustion from having to deflect all the misconceptions and negativism. It's a relief to have a positive post that doesn't require a defensive response.

I'm glad you're back and enjoying the game. Have fun!