Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectScorched Earth
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=38632&mesg_id=38666
38666, Scorched Earth
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a serial Villager (mostly) and someone who's only been around (again) for the past few years I haven't had much in-game interaction with Torak that I'm aware of.

Also, I'm aware of the TLB situation only inasmuch as it is brought up on the forums a few times a year. I agree that it was an egregious breach of gamesmanship and can not be forgotten.

However, what I see is a guy who has tried time and time again to make up for his past behaviors in ways that add positively to the game. As such, I have no problem with this project.

Likening a convicted sex predator watching over children to overseeing the administration of a database of text-based fantasy game equipment is such a stretch that it (in my opinion) hurts your argument. (What? Are we gonna let HITLER watch the SYNAGOGUE?) C'mon.

Granted, I'd like to see most of this information kept locally by players, but if someone has to keep an eye on the database, I'd just as soon have it be Torak if it's not going to be an IMM or a player like Isildur (none of whom have said they want the responsibility.)

Just my two cents.