Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: To be a bit more clear on my point here
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3575&mesg_id=3591
3591, RE: To be a bit more clear on my point here
Posted by Quiditus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every one of my chars has taught me alot, starting with my first one which taught me not to #### around with or disrespect the imms without throroughly researched cause, to my most recent chars which have taught me many new areas, and cabal powers I never knew. Though with every char, the knowlege you gain seems to decrease...but I suppose that means I'm getting better.

I wouldn't recommend newbies ranking to hero unless they really know their RP, and know alot of the powers out there that will be used against them. If not they will find either very boring, or deathful lives. With hero cabal wars no one wants to deal with you unless you are part of a raid (assuming the newb is uncaballed because his RP wasn't up to snuff with the cabals philosophies/tasks required for induction) and without proper knowlege of the various races/clases/cabal powers and all the tiny differences that are part of these 3 very broad categories, they are sure to die to a skilled hero enemy.

And dying alot will either push someone to work harder and persevere like you hope Obaznuk, or they will toss in their towel and quit like I hope that they don't. Like the poster before me said, lowbie ranks are made for newbie learning...rank up higher when you feel more comfortable at lower ranks. But with the recent changes I can understand some of the negative sentiment to how lowbie ranks are being treated.