Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectYup.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3360&mesg_id=3385
3385, Yup.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of the drawbacks to being a CF Immortal is that there is always more to do than you have time to do (*). There's a lot of prioritizing going on behind the scenes. I don't have time to do most of the stuff that I want, let alone what everyone else wants.

I can see some merits to a non-random system, but it's not clear to me that the drawbacks (character homogeneity, min-maxing, higher learning curve(**)) outweigh the benefits. I don't want that as a project- I could spend a lot of time on it, and make something that makes the game worse. I could have spent the same amount of time fixing typos and bugs and areas and doing other stuff that everyone knows will be good.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

(*): Disclaimer: I've done jack squat for a couple of weeks due to some crunch time at work (which is now over) and holiday travel, but this applies to all of us at one time or another.

(**): I think it's facetious to claim that the rolling system is unfair to newbies, but a system where the player has to make a lot of choices with long-term impact is not.