Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectShackling the benevolent
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33543&mesg_id=33600
33600, Shackling the benevolent
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tarus bracers are bupkis though, they stink. There's plenty of gear that would become inaccessible to good characters if this sort of RP was enforced. The only way I'd like to see this sort of mentality enforced, i.e. you can only kill neutral characters that attack you, is if it was changed back so that neutral characters will attack you if you request from them again. Heck, I'll ask for it. Actually, another solution would be if Good characters could somehow barter for an item off a neutral, but I'd rather see no change at all with no consequences for killing neutral npcs. Maybe Paladins and Healers shouldn't do it.

Here's my problem with all this, good characters, though not all of them, are good for people who aren't that great a CF. You can ask an elf or storm giant for a favor, if you're not evil, without much risk of them betraying you. They might not help, or there may be situations where you're enemies, but there's still much less risk involved. Punishing good players with nothing in return would only serve to drive people away from playing them and just seems like a bad idea.