Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMy take on silent tower.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26349&mesg_id=26506
26506, My take on silent tower.
Posted by Kadsuane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I was one of the first morts to enter silent way back when it opened and after a few ventures into it I pretty much gave up on it. Its not that I found the area boring or too hard.. it was more of a time spent/reward thing. The area itself is really an awesome showcase of your creative talents and why after all my pissing and moaning about the great devil nep I still think you are a huge asset to the game. But I know first hand how quickly that area will sap con and equipment (Shokai stashed my 100 charge axe in the treasure vaults after I died to him there) Fistshake Shokai! Leveling a char to hero is probably the most boring part of cf for me so sinking 2-3 hero chars into learning the area and learn its ins and outs just didnt seem appealing to me.

I also agree with Zulgh on the whole it just doesnt fit into Cf as it stands today. First for the obvious reason that Zulgh already pointed out that an area like Silent just cant exist in Cf the way the creator wanted it to be. If you are gonna build a puzzle, sooner or later someone that can't figure it out for themselves will seek outside help to get the job done. Because in the end the rewards in this area are so over the top and out of whack with general cf game balance that people will overlook your intentions and your requests just to get the shinies.

I really really dig the new dragon lairs I think they are well done and I doubt players have figured all the #### you stashed in there. I've only been through a few of them and thought you two struck a great balance between area toughness and the whole time sink thing.

If you do reopen silent would you consider toning down the rewards but say maybe making them a little more obvious? I can't tell you how many times ST eq flowed through my hands without me knowing wtf it did. The whole behind the scenes affects that player won't exactly understand or know is just kinda bleh to me. I understand if you don't want to make some of the stats available via a simple identify.. maybe add a mob in Silent that you can take the stuff and have them explain to you what it does.. for a price ofcourse.

Parv