Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Secrecy
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26349&mesg_id=26372
26372, RE: Secrecy
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you over-estimate the power (and misjudge the motivations) of the current OOC knowledge market. I can think of one major "secret"-type thing (like Shadow) still in the game that still seems to be a pretty well-kept secret.

Personally, I hate the fact that OOC information sharing is so stigmatized. I feel like the underlying assumption you're making when you say things like "today's CF" is that most OOC circles are bad eggs trying to undermine the game, and this simply doesn't jive with my experience. We as human beings are social animals. We enjoy the game more when we are sharing it with our friends. And while it's true I don't have an administrator's perspective on this, my experience is that the vast majority of the other players I talk to outside of the game aren't interested in power-combos and perma-gangs. They're looking for role advice, or stats on certain items, regear advice, or just someone to share their triumphs and failures with.

Long story short, I think you need (and the staff in general needs) to reconsider what you think "today's CFer" enjoys and wants out of the game before you make these kinds of decisions.