Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNo matter what it needs to come back.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26349&mesg_id=26354
26354, No matter what it needs to come back.
Posted by Guilo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was by far the most perfect, intriguing, angering area on the mud. There's no way you can just scrap it and leave it be. I loved Silent to death, I figured all kinds of stuff out on my own without OOC help, and whenever I was done with it with each character.. I usually just became a defiler and made the golem my biatch for all his pretty crytal lovin' and pk'd people until I got a new char idea.

It HAS to keep some of the puzzly type stuff, there is totally a way you can make it be puzzly and still figure out a way to make the information not matter so much if it gets leaked once again. That's what made Silent Tower beautiful, it's mystery, it just oozed "wtf do I do next" do I use this axe to fight him? Maybe that will work? Sweet I found a breakthrough. Or damn I lost another con!

I personally like the dragon lairs... to an extent... but what's the point in just making huge areas of badasses that you have to round up eight people for just to have fun? And the loot in the end is no where near the prize for the struggle from what I've seen. The blue lair is just plain retarded, I've been in there with groups of nine and still wiped, and I finally just said #### the area because those stupid ass vines. CF isn't built for massive gangs of groups anymore, it's once in a great while one comes along and you have to hop on it or you're screwed. Then after that... damn I died once and just lost the piece of gear from my once in a 2-3 month group. It's just depressing.

Let the lairs be the lairs, but you keep Silent true to what made it man. If anyone leaks the info, relentlessly hunt them down and lifetime bans for them all. Silent isn't silent without the puzzles, anything even resembling the dragon lairs would leave a sour taste in my mouth and I wouldn't even want to deal with it. Yeah sweet gear is cool and dandy.. but getting it from Silent should require intense deduction, thought process, and unique prepping.

EDIT: By the way, has anyone even killed Tiamet yet? And if not.. don't you think with people like Ahtieli/Tarleton and these super tough badasses, that Tiamet might need changed? Why have an unbeatable dragon? You might say everyone isn't bringing the right group and whatnot, but seriously, how often is that perfect group around? And that's just considering the "perfect group" as far as classes, have you see the type of normal heroes there are lately? Some are really handicapped and trying to learn how to walk to the Dreams let alone face some big ass immortal dragon. They freak out and freeze up and ruin it.