Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Some ideas and except for flames, no expectations!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2044&mesg_id=2057
2057, RE: Some ideas and except for flames, no expectations!
Posted by Quislet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(disclaimer: personal opinion only. Apparently I now need to say that often lately)

There's plenty of things I disagree with and some I'm neutral about, and one I'm unsure about. I'll only address three.

One, I'm against anything that makes CF any more like the stereotypical Dungeons and Dragons campaign settings than it already is. Specifically, a lot of those suggested race tweaks.

Two, have you considered just how little most arials could wear even without extra supplies if they were limited to half max weight for flight? Most arials would practically have to ditch half their armor just to fly somewhere. Additionally, half max weight affects the cloud giants very little. So, if there's weight involved in being able to fly, just for game balance reasons if nothing else, I'd give arials a boost for having wings. Maybe they'd be 3/4 and cloud giants would be 1/2. But personally, I don't see why either race should be limited in the ability to fly. Would you like to share your reasoning on that one?

Three, I'm not sure how much thieves can currently hear or will be able to hear, but if they can't hear person to person whispers, it might make a nice extra skill. I can see the reasoning on group tells also, but tells seem a little different to me, and maybe harder to overhear if even possible.