Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=19416&mesg_id=19420
19420, RE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>>First question: how close have you come so far, and with what kinds of characters? That'll give us a better sense of what kind of advice you need.

Ok, well the highest characters that I have had were actually on opposite ends of the spectrum. First was a Paladin by the name of Dennek who I ended up getting to...I think it was 36-37, or so before deleting. And then a drow shapeshifter by the name of Nazdreth that I got all the way up to 37, without using preps and all that since I dont know where to find or get them. That's probably the highest characters I have ever had, aside from one warrior that I think I got to lvl 41, but that was waaaaay back in the day when I first started up, so I am not really sure about that number.

I have had a smattering of assassins and warriors all across that time, and know for a fact that I have attempted each class and race at least one time.

>>>Some general advice... and keeping in mind, this is my advice on optimizing leveling, which is not how I generally recommend playing the game and is not how I play the game myself: ETC....

I think all of that which follows is great. And I will def keep that in mind for future use in levling. But, another question, how do you get past the 'down' times. I mean, yes I know you can go out there and try to RP, but it just seems to me (at least in my recent experiences) that if you are not high up in the ranks, you hardly get the rp sessions that might just pop up between characters. Which is another reason why I am asking for advice in this thread; this is supposed to be an RP mud, but more often than not I am finding myself in death matches or merely lvl grinding, than anything else. Any thoughts?