Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Marcus and triggers:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15344&mesg_id=15502
15502, RE: Marcus and triggers:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This really isn't true, especially for a guy like Marcus who is savvy enough to turn a chase trigger off if the fight starts going south. Judging from the sheer number of pray complaints about Chanya using chase triggers (from a variety of geographically different IPs, etc. -- if it's just one guy complaining about someone I sort of assume they're Pro) I assume that's still happening at least part time.

Agreed. I'm also convinced he doesn't use them as often as his detractors claim. Once the rumors got swirling, I watched him fight a few times and didn't see anything which suggested a trigger. I also know I wasn't the only person to check in on this issue, and the staff had a blanket green light to drop the slay on him if they did see obvious trigger-whoredom after his warning.

That's very difficult to diagnose as a player, but to an experienced staff member with snoop, triggers/botting stands out fairly readily, especially when watched in real time.

All that being said, in a straight-telnet steel cage match I would still bet on Marcus to whoop Pro 10 times out of 10.

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion, though I think we'd get some votes for Marcus winning 11 out of 10 of those.

If all the triggers were his one trick, someone else would have duplicated the trick and replicated his effectiveness by now. I think they're a blot on his record, but it's not like he'd be getting beat down by the Academy monsters without them.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com