Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThat's not really fair.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15344&mesg_id=15366
15366, That's not really fair.
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>It seems like it causes more harm than good to two classes.
>To the rest of the classes who can actually dual wield, it's
>the beginning of a big improvement.

Shield paladins. Bards. Every mage class (some more than others). That's more than two classes.
And honestly, I wouldn't call it a "big improvement" anyway. Sure, it streamlines the whole dual wield nastiness, but that's about it. And at the cost, it handicaps almost half the classes in the game, to some degree.

But you said "beginning of a big improvement", and if so I'd suggest that you finish the entire project you have, instead of implementing it partially to help half the playerbase and hurt the other half.

>As for the rest of your statement...If you think this change
>has ruined all the fun of the game for you, I'd argue you've
>been looking for an excuse for far to long.

I never said it ruined all the fun for me. I said it made the game less fun. Is CF still an enjoyable game for me? Yeah, most of the time. But when I'm playing any of the above classes, it'll be significantly less fun than before. I'm not going to start the sky is falling thing here, I'm just saying that fun should be the primary consideration when you make a change. Realism, and all that other stuff should be a distant second.

And I really doubt dual wielders are 90% of the game, and if they are, I think that number should suggest that dual wielders aren't the part of the game that need attention anyways.

Again, this isn't supposed to be argumentative or derogatory, so don't take it that way. I know you guys work your asses off for the game and all that.