Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectVotes on tupmudsites vs players
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=778
778, Votes on tupmudsites vs players
Posted by Jaegendar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have noticed for a while that we consistently have a higher rank in "topmudsites" than other muds that have more players than us. Why is that?

It seems to me that maybe answering this question could help with the marketing of the mud.

The first thought that came to me was:

-Maybe we have a bigger following of players that just don't mud anymore, but want to support CF

But my fear is that I could just be misleading myself, as I thought that the reality could just be that:

-Our current playerbase is simply more interested in supporting our mud, than the other players care for their own mud?.

What do you think?, which situation do you believe is actually happening?, or maybe you have another idea of what is going on?

-Jae
781, I don't think anyone uses topmudsites to find a MUD to play
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
E.g. I've never visited any of the MUDs on the list.
782, RE: I don't think anyone uses topmudsites to find a MUD to play
Posted by Jaegendar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interesting, how do you think people find a mud?

Please keep in mind that low numbers is the norm, but there are also the ones with players in the thousands.

Have you seen other muds doing something else other than the mudlists?. What I mean is, have you seen mud ads somewhere without you looking specifically for them?.

-Jae
780, Both.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think both are correct. We have people that visit the forums and read logs but don't have the time to game but they still vote and we have a playerbase that tries to support the mud by voting consistently.

779, RE: Votes on tupmudsites vs players
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we vote in order to try to recover the size of the playerbase, and some other MUDs don't need to?