Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectSomeone should update TopMudSites & RPGGateway...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=721
721, Someone should update TopMudSites & RPGGateway...
Posted by Calion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
with the new address www.carrionfields.net, so that clicking there brings you to the right place (before they remove CF from their listing due to a broken link; e.g. the server crash a couple of years ago cost us all the accumulated OUT votes at RPGGateway).
722, Working on it (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
734, The link there still goes to the .com address...
Although I noticed the text description contains the correct address. However, we will be getting zero new players via RPGateway as long as clicking there won't bring you to the actual CF site... It seems they have a 'modify your site' link which you must use if you wish to change any part of your site's listing (and you have to re-enter everything, not just the new address).

Also, the RPGateway voting button is missing from www.carrionfields.net (it's only on the forums page). If more people voted we'd rise at least to the TOP15 there pretty quickly (I've actually been keeping us in the TOP40 pretty much singlehandedly)... though again it's all rather pointless unless their CF link gets fixed.
735, RE: The link there still goes to the .com address...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Although I noticed the text description contains the correct
>address. However, we will be getting zero new players via
>RPGateway as long as clicking there won't bring you to the
>actual CF site... It seems they have a 'modify your site' link
>which you must use if you wish to change any part of your
>site's listing (and you have to re-enter everything, not just
>the new address).

I submitted a change request awhile ago for RPGGateway and nothing has changed. I just tried to do it again and got A request to modify this record has already been received. Please try again later.
736, Huh, guess it's time to give up on voting there. n/t
Their update procedure is just fubar.
737, Lo'n behold! RPGG actually fixed it. Go vote! n/t