Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectWikipedia article.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=716
716, Wikipedia article.
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We should get together a simple wikipedia article for Carrion Fields, then go through all the MUD related pages on there and link to carrionfields where appropriate.
719, The article should be carefully planned and worked outside of Wikipedia.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Then ported to Wikipedia when we have a good plan to justify its existence. To do everything in Wikipedia risks losing the content if their moderators choose to delete the article.
717, RE: Wikipedia article.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I remember correctly there was one at one point and it was deleted for not being important enough or something.

No telling if that would happen again, but if someone wants to work on it I'm all for it.
718, There was...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...and I set up a Wikipedia account specifically to edit it (it was a bit out of date) and yeah now it's gone. Bleh.
720, In not confident enaugh in English..
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..to really write out anything official for carrionfields. But I guess if its done well enaugh, and linked to from various MUD related pages it would stay up. I mean, people make personal wikipedia articles for themselves, so why cant a page made for a game with a few hundred more or less active players stay up.

This would, however, be a good place to advertise since its the default information channel about pretty much anything for alot of people. If they search for MUD on google its the top hit.