Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectCF Webcomic
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=524
524, CF Webcomic
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alright folks!

So, here's the deal. We are trying to see if a webcomic based on CF is something that people would like to see.

We have Batman willing to draw it up, and Grobbak willing to set up a website to host it so that we can get our names out there. This thread is a general poll to see if we should move forward.

Please just post yes or no underneath this thread, and a constructive reason as to why 'no' if you do not agree. Hopefully we can get some great feedback here and maybe come up with a few more ideas!

LET THE POLLING BEGIN!
533, Still interest in this? nt
Posted by Grobbak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
534, Sure, still waiting to see the first one. :) nt
Posted by Rodriguez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
542, RE: Still interest in this? nt
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll see about drawing some panels today or tomorrow. No promises for a long-term thing, but I wouldn't mind contributing.
531, YES! n/t
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
N/T
529, BUMP!
Where are you guys at on this? Those interested in helping out, send me an email, I'd like to get the ball rolling!

G.
528, Yes. Some suggestions...
Posted by Smashtro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
* Good art. Doesn't have to be spectacular. Just not craptacular. Same with the writing. (This is the most important suggestion since the comic will probably be a comic reader's first impression of CF)

* Keep inside jokes to a minimum or leave them out. Keep plots, stories, etc. simple. Nothing obscure, complex.

* Have a cast of characters. An orc, a dwarf, etc. like in CF.

* Don't mix drama and comedy. Either or. Maybe future RPers will want to see serious stuff, but I'm thinking comedy is a better pick, since that's what alot of people look for when they read a comic.

* Update regularly. Once a week would be grand.

* Host the comic on its own site, but make sure to mix it in with webcomic sites, so it'll get more exposure.
525, Yes. I think the comic is a good idea.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Grobbak should put a big CF banner ad over all pages.

I think drawing a well told CF-related story, based on logs, for example, would be a good idea to lure in roleplayers who enjoy a good story. Random gags could also be entertaining, but they are not going to have as good bringing in power in terms of roleplayers as a well told story. Trying to get the comic visibility via link exchange with other webcomics and such isn't a bad idea either.
526, Also..
Under my thread, think of a domain name we can use.

So far what I've seen.

Available:
cfcomics.com
carrionfieldscomics.com

Either of those would work, but maybe someone else has something more clever in mind.

G.
527, Also also
Here is a site that does something similar for another game I used to play if anyone is looking for an example of what we are trying to do.

http://www.willyteecomics.com/index.php

G.
530, Also also also...
I'm seeing this as a blog, so people register/login, and make comments and stuff. Even post their own CF related stuff.