Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectNice!!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=315&mesg_id=320
320, Nice!!
Posted by elmeri_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's so good to see something happen, keep up the good pace everyone and I'm sure we will see cf full by spring :P.

A few comments.

Tired of "Free to Play" MUDs that really aren't? Looking for a stable, long-lived MUD that won't be shutting down as soon as you've learned the ropes? Sick of the endless search for that perfect blend of PlayerKilling and RolePlaying?

Immo, this really nails it. It's compact and outlines the advantages of cf briefly and clearly. Free, it's going to last, and there's heavy rp/pk.

The text itself is very compact, and lays out the essentials well. And it's able to hold the interest of the reader all the way to the Summary. Which brings up my only gripe with it.

Want to see a summary of your next MUD home?

When skimming through the page, I skipped this part. Summary sounds bland and unexciting. Only went back for it when I read your post again and saw you write something about tabs. Instead of offering a summary, it should read in big bold letters, 'Getting started', or perhaps even, 'Let's Get Started!' It does not need to immediately connect to the mud, but after a player clicks a let's get started button, he will get the connecting tab, with instructions to connect, and various help tabs to get him through character creation.

Well, time is out, I will need to continue the post later.