Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Marketing CF
Topic subjectCF Beginner's Guide
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=56&topic_id=282&mesg_id=294
294, CF Beginner's Guide
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think what you're doing sort of already exists. On the 'help' page under 'The Carrion Fields Beginner's Guide'. That is a 100+ page document which is, basically, a cut and paste of various helpfiles put together in 'order'. It has a few downfalls:

1. It's a huge undertaking to read the thing.

2. It slowly, but consistently, morphs itself out of date as things change and helpfiles are added or updated.

Before you go down the same path, I'd rather see us figure out what our Newbie Guide should look like. Should it be web based? Or should we have a printable instruction manual? Or a combination of both?

My gut says, we should do a combination of both. I think there should be a guide that you can read, in a logical order, that provides you with a general outline of the highlights of CF, that is linked to helpfiles from within. You can then print out (or just read) the guide and use that as a general reference, and click on the links when you need more data.

I worked up something along these lines; I'll post a sample and let you take a look at it, tell me if you think this path is worthwhile.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***