Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Logs
Topic subjectQuite possibly
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=53&topic_id=2638&mesg_id=2708
2708, Quite possibly
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>This line:
>
>You tell Olum 'Without Silja I'd have had to deal with two of
>you.'
>
>as you expecting us both to show up if you had been alone...
>which still seems to be what Tavlin was saying.

It's exactly what I (and Tavlin) was saying. And still am saying to this day. For one, you were a defender so there was never any guarantee I'd fight you solo. For two by this point Tavlin had somewhat of a reputation (not nearly as big as it got, but still a little) as a hunter, and I found myself fighting one guy only to get jumped on by another one or two frequently. Villagers and non.

>There is also this line:
>
> Tavlin: I have three, and the Villagers just got me
>sadly.
>
>which sort of implies that Villgers got you, when really it
>was just Olum.

I had three Fort (who were raiding) in range, and Villagers had just gotten me. I was busy creating flesh golems and ghouls, walking to Mortorn, summoning said flesh golem and ghoul inside, talking to level 17 Cotzibue, etc. so no, I didn't enumerate that it was Olum, in Arkham, with the Pincer.

You seem pretty defensive about this - let me clear the air a bit - out of what seemed like a lot of gank-happy Villagers, it was surprising (and refreshing) that Olum, as a *Defender*, was one of the most concerned about the odds being even. It didn't seem like many of you were, at all, but Olum did stand out as one who at least paid some sort of attention to it. Even if accidents did happen, still.