Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectTraps.. death.. *2?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=589&mesg_id=673
673, Traps.. death.. *2?
Posted by Vandir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just my opinnion on my newbie-ish problems
The issue of limited life and all, the traps are pretty bad. just exploring, i lost allmost half my con, without fighting or anything...
Traps where you walk in and the only way out is death, or exits close and something so big attacks you it's practicly instant death.. there are quite a lot of those i found, and they drain life bad...

What's worse.. is that i of coutrse go to get my body back... only to find out that i find it only to die again because not ghostly recalling and not potions get you out.. all you have left to do is sit and wait for whatever killed you to do it again.

And than if you are new, and just typed aladon when you first created charecter, there is a good chance to lose some bit of hard earned eq..
And all that... through exploration.. and i didn't cover half of it yet i think..
I lost a huge amount of constitution ever since i stated looking aroun and exlporing, without ever getting into a fight with anyone.