Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectCharacter Recovery
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4847
4847, Character Recovery
Posted by Daath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hello. I'm brand new to Carrion Fields and I'm wondering if there is any way to load/recover a character? I had just started the game but my internet disconnected in the middle of my session and i cant seem to do anything but create a new character and start over.
4849, RE: Character Recovery
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If the game doesn't remember your character name, most likely you disconnected in the middle of character creation process, so the character was not created yet. Just create it from scratch, it's 1 minute.
4848, RE: Character Recovery
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The game auto saves about every fifteen minutes, at a guess. If you had been on for much less than that and hasn't saved your character may be lost. I thought that the game quit you out after a bit, meaning you have effectively saved and can come back later.

However, when in the middle of a role update I'm not sure if you can save or quit, so that might have prevented you from reconnecting. It is the only time it's happened to me. I lost connection while in the middle of writing my role and my character had to be restored from some time ago m. Best plan is to just start a new one. Re use the role if needed.