Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectSuggestions for a char that is not prep dependent ?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4768&mesg_id=4768
4768, Suggestions for a char that is not prep dependent ?
Posted by vorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm thinking of coming back after a long time not playing. My main concern is that I don't want to spend too much time running after preps to have a decent char in PvP fights and, if possible, being survival enough to do some solo exploration.

Of course I thought of going Battle for absence of prepping. In terms of survivability for exploration, I thought of a felar ranger (but they're more or less limited to wilderness) or a bard (but I never played them so I have no idea of race/repertoire and tactics to play them). Defender seems the way for survival (do poultice cure blindness?) but I wonder if it's not better to go berserker for more damage. Any other toughts for a Battle combo?

I also tought of an inducted character (probably shaman) but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend much time in role writing...

When I think of wizards (muter, shifter, etc), I feel that they need to spend their time running after ABS wands to be competitive at higher level wich is definetely not appealing to me. But maybe I'm wrong since I never played one.

Anyway... any advice is more than welcome!