Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectFlail/Whip Spec
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4529
4529, Flail/Whip Spec
Posted by NewToWarriors on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having just dipped my toes in the water warrior wise. I have a number of weapon specs I just have not tried. Just curious if this spec is predominately strength based? Reading some help files it seems that Bludgeon is but the others are not so clear.

Any awesome knowledge appreciated :)
4532, RE: Flail/Whip Spec
Posted by NewToWarriors on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am a little confused.
So do dex or strength count for
- entwine
- pull
- eyejab
- etc
or is it largely skill based. The help files don't elude to anything.

Pull being a great example. I would have thought a felar trying to pull a max weight giant would not work that well. But perhaps I am just over thinking things and there is a "unbalancing component" which means the victim more stumbles in the direction somewhat.
4531, RE: Flail/Whip Spec
Posted by Doof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried it with a dwarf a long time ago and enjoyed it. Most folks don't know flails and if they do, they don't train it fully, so you can expect to get a fair number of strikes through.

Unfortunately, as a dwarf, you block with your face. The +con and a shield helps you hang around a while, though, while your face gets mauled.
4530, RE: Flail/Whip Spec
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've usually used it on dex builds as dodge helps with the tanking. Spec worked well for me but mostly controlling the fight (eg eyejab and disarm, sting or bludgeon). Bludgeon seemed to work better for my mino than the dexy builds but everything else seemed good on dex builds.