Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectShrine whereabouts
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4501
4501, Shrine whereabouts
Posted by Thof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"The shrine of Jormyr can be found along the edges of an unending blizzard."

Can anybody help a little more then the helpfile ?
4502, Thats something you will need to find out IC
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also, a lot of immortals are still willing to do some interaction even if you cannot find their shrine... They will probably just ask you to find it with a little better hint while they are talking to you.
4503, RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC
Posted by Thof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Figured every old player probably already knows.. Can't see them asking around IC if they created a new char.

Also there's maps of all the cities all over the wiki.. My character didn't need to find out where the butchers shop in galadon was ICly. Thus figured it would be okay to ask.

4504, The maps are there for Newbies.
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That said, alot of things you are expected to find out IC. It adds the joy of Discovery. Area Explores, you won't find maps for those. Things like shrines are meant to make you think. Think of it as a sort of test, in that finding the shrine is the first step in developing your character.
4505, I don't know but that clue gives me a strong idea
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which I would find a way to share if asked ic, even if you were an enemy.
4506, RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Keep in mind, Jormyr's only been around for less than a year, which means even old players had to figure it out recently as well.

As Destuvius referred to, I'm typically pretty willing to work with players with SOME form of interaction and guidance. I'm not going to expect players to know where the shrine is inherently, though I do expect a character to pray from somewhere appropriate. Hint: Jormyr's also a God of the Frost Giants.
4511, RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He is a relatively new imm, so there are probably lots of vets that don't know where it is. I was one until fairly recently. I will say that it was slightly more difficult to find than I expected it to be, given the hint in his help file.
4512, I think that what many people overlook
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
is that it is not necessarily a shrine where you should pray. But it should be an appropriate place, matching the religion. Finding such an appropriate place should be easier, and it shows a player understands the nature of immortal (or does not understand).

This approach also gives you freedom in order to tailor the praying place to particular request you have for immortal. Which gives more flavour to immteraction.