Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectPkilling is RP
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3718&mesg_id=3732
3732, Pkilling is RP
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>I guess when it comes down to it I'm just disappointed in the
>lack of role-playing and indescrimiate PKing. I'm looking for
>a world I can immerse myself in and role-play my character.
>If I want to go around killing as many people as I can, I'll
>play any host of shooter games for PS3 or Xbox.

Why would my evil bastard human necromancer do anything other than put you to sleep from invisibility and then spell you up and let you rot to death if I know you are (as an example, I don't actually know) a good aligned dwarf?

Does the CIA sniper debate philosophy with a dictator before he blows his brains out? No. The kind of RPing you are looking for sounds like the kind of thing where everyone runs around declaring their intentions before attacking someone. That works in some games, but not in one with competitive PK like this. First you kill, then after you've made them into a corpse, taken your richly deserved rewards from their cooling corpse and made off for the hills with your new toys, you might engage in some philosophical banter.

If you played a character to con death or age death you would quickly see that it is a much more immersive RP environment than you first thought, but that RP sometimes take the form of murdering your enemies to death instead of talking to them, which frankly more realistic in this type of fantasy world.