Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectIt's a harsh game, believe me
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3718&mesg_id=3722
3722, It's a harsh game, believe me
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been playing like 10 years here. I'm still not elite. Sure, I tend to take some breaks and I've realized only recently why. Do I know where to get some good gear? Sure. Do I know how to get to Galadon from Seantryn blind? Sure. Do I know where to find pk's and where to rank at any rank? Yep.

One thing though, I can't pk for ####. I don't know when to leave, I'm too lazy to prep and I'm not always thinking 'Ok so that guy's X class and X race, what can I do to beat him?' Nooooooooo...better just bash his brain out and die because it was dumb.

I've realized I want to win the game too much and on my own. Something many wants to do but only a few can.

Just played a shifter to hero, had all A/B/S to easy spots and yet I've deleted him. I tried to kill mobs impossible solo and wondered why I bothered playing that game...heh.

Even with ABS I get owned solid by some people...I guess that's life and that's how tactics are needed.

You shouldn't quit dude. You should continue and con-die your first characters. You won't be deadly, you won't have a pk ratio elite...but geez, you'll learn a whole lot. Hero, get into fights, follow some cool people, learn, repeat. I swear sooner than later, you'll have fun.