Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectYes, CF is hard, but...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=3233&mesg_id=3238
3238, Yes, CF is hard, but...
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly, you WILL get better with time. At some point, things just click and really come together for you. Things just start making sense. My best advice would be to completely disregard con and keep playing a character until you either age die or con die. I found myself learning much more quickly when I just stuck with one character, instead of getting frustrated and rerolling. When you have a character with higher hours, people know you, you make friends, you build repport with other characters and they teach you things, take you under their wing, and you grow by leaps and bounds, as a player. For me, I wanted to get better at pk, so I rolled a battlerager and played that character until I con-died. Ragers fight ALL the time and I got a lot better, not only with fighting skills (and what to do in a given situation), but also at roleplaying and regearing quickly. That's my suggestion, just give it time, pick a race/class/cabal and stick with it.

The only thing I'll say about your comment about IMMs multi-killing you is that this just isn't the case.

As far as the helpfiles, I would love to help make CF more newbie friendly. If you provide me a list of things that you would like to see covered (or even looked at more in depth), I would definitely devote some time to help make that happen. Please give me the information that you need and I'll see what I can do.

I hope this post at least helps you a little bit.

Nae-nae.