Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectB
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=509&mesg_id=537
537, B
Posted by Linolaques on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't believe that this is the post that finally inspired me to register a forum handle, but here you have it.

As Valgie said below, alcohol most certainly causes violence. There are many, many studies that support this, but here's one statistic for you from the Annals of Emergency Medicine in 1999,

"In a Memphis, Tennessee study, 85% of murderers and 75% of murder victims were intoxicated during the murder.... A review of 331 American medical examiner (coroner) studies published between 1975 and 1995 found that victims tested positive for alcohol in 29% of suicides, 38.5% of unintentional injury deaths, 39.7% of motor vehicle deaths and 47.1% of homicides."

Also bear in mind that in 2003 only 61% of adults in the US used alcohol in that year.

Alcohol also has the worst withdrawal symptoms that I can think of. Actually it's the only one that I can think of right now where you can die from withdrawal.

Pot, in addition to its beneficial medical uses, can be thanked like many other drugs for a good portion of our art.

Too much money is wasted chasing after people with pot. It's absolute ####, especially considering the size of the national debt, the price of education, the price of health care.