Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: That contradicts what you just said.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=309&mesg_id=480
480, RE: That contradicts what you just said.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No; however, I do think it is a serious health risk relative to the ease of preventing/limiting the risk.

We're not talking about legalization of smoking in restaurants/bars. We're talking about the frenzy people whip themselves into over it.

From Dur's post :

I hate smoking with passion and seeing someone uncaringly expose others to the poisous smoke of his cigarette makes me angry.

Aside from the spelling error, the guy is working himself into a frenzy over nothing. He doesn't like the smell of smoke, is what it boils down to, and uses its supposed health affect (which is negligable in the context Dur is referring to it in), to give himself free reign to act like a cock-knocker about it. He at least later copped out to that much. Unfortunately, that attitude is not uncommon.

Specifically, those attitudes are what I'm relevantly referring to. None of this revolves around blowing smoke in babies faces or working behind a smokey bar counter for 40 years...it has to do with people being self-righteous assholes and using their improper grasp of science to justify it. That type of attitude simply is not justified by what the scientific facts are about it.