Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectMost smokers I've seen are inconsiderate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=309&mesg_id=446
446, Most smokers I've seen are inconsiderate
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It certainly depends on the dosages I'd imagine. Those people
>being incredibly dramatic as they walk past you on a street
>corner are being just that...dramatic.

Smokers by and large (there are some who are considerate, of course) just don't care about the effect they have on others. They litter the ground with trash, put off a noxious stench and rarely show any sign that they recognize the posbbility that there's something wrong with inflicting their habit on other people. They think that because they love the smell of burning tobacco that therefore anyone who is bothered by it is just being dramatic.

No, passing someone on the street who is smoking is not going to kill me. But it's extremely unpleasant, and I shouldn't have to suffer for someone else's idiotic habit. I'm horrible at singing and playing the violin, though I enjoy doing those things. But I wouldn't go down to the street corner and practice, because that would be a completely obnoxious thing to do. If I did that, and then threw a bunch of trash on the sidewalk for good measure, then I'd be just as bad as your average smoker.