Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectI finally cut the cord...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=2224&mesg_id=2224
2224, I finally cut the cord...
Posted by Moligant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Starting Dec. 16th I'll be without cable tv. I'm going all in on hulu plus (which I get through my sister in law for free)

So here are a few questions for anyone who has ditched their cable.

1. Can I get AMC and FX shows on amazon prime the NEXT DAY or is that one of those wait a year deals. I googled around and couldn't find a clear answer. I don't want to miss out on Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, etc.

2. I have Netflix for the at-home delivery of movies, is ponying up an add'tl $8 worth it for the streaming worth it if I have Hulu? I definately will keep Hulu for the network shows next day.

3. Do I need to go buy a hd antenna if I have hulu for the network stuff anyways?

4. My wife I think has netflix on her laptop, can we use that on our TV as well?(which would solve the issue in Q2)

5. I access Hulu using my Xbox 360. Is here any reason I should go get a Roku if I already have the Xbox?

6. How do I access Amazon Prime if I decide to get that? Through my Xbox?

Oh...I calculate that between ditching cable and a small change on my cellphone plan ill be saving over $80.00 per month, any ideas for a small monthly investment?