Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: I'll also point out...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=2206&mesg_id=2232
2232, RE: I'll also point out...
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the short answer is that there's no technical reason why religion needs to be present to have all of those things.

That being said, unless you can point me to an example I don't think one actually exists. I suppose someone could build one but good luck with that.

So you get into the ideal vs the practical and in practical terms, your options are limited.

Many candidate organizations that you'd think of like Lions Club or other community groups don't really fit the mold and are much more limited in scope.

I'll also note that : "The original packaging included many things that in today's society are looked down upon for either being sexist, homophobic, child abuse, etc."

To me, these things didn't originate with religion. They originated with people and were place into the religions of those people. Sexism, child beating and homophobia are widespread cultural things that we humans have had going on for a long time almost universally across the globe.