Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectMontessori.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=2206&mesg_id=2221
2221, Montessori.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I seem to remember you posting that Montessori does/could have a negative affect since it teaches kids life is idyllic, then when they go to a real school or graduate to the real world all of that is ripped out from under them. Obvious paraphrasing.

If I'm mistaken about your opinion of Montessori, then ignore the following:

Does this train of thought not also follow the teaching of religion to children? You expect them to find their own answers when older, why not also let them find their own questions as well? Aren't you setting him up for failure if (or when) that worldview is ripped out from under them?

Don't get me wrong. I am firmly in the camp of "religion has been (and still is, but maybe won't always be) a net boon to humanity." All the while being an atheist as well. I think Artificial has a gigantic chip on his shoulder, causing him to forsake logic in his quest for logic. I'm just curious how this aspect of it plays (played) out in your matrimonial discussions.