Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectPart of the problem is "defining God".
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=2206&mesg_id=2212
2212, Part of the problem is "defining God".
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All seeing, all knowing dude with a beard who chills in the clouds? Not likely.

But, give how incredibly small scale our species on our planet is contrasted with the billions of stars in billions of galaxies that exist in just this universe (ignoring a multi-verse), I feel like it's almost statistically impossible for there not to be some kind of 'superior being' out there somewhere.

Of course, if you require this/these person(s) to have had direct historical interaction with humans then we're back at not likely again.

So I'll personally stick with "I don't know" and call myself a agnostic, which I still maintain is not "agnostic atheist" but rather...agnostic...as in I don't know ;).

Like, I'm not entirely sure what the practical difference between "so technologically advanced an alien life form that what they do looks like magic" and "God" are. The Spaniards landing in Central America, supposedly, were revered as Gods - probably rightfully so in the context of that situation.